Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Treatment

Animation Direction: My final project will be a 3D computer animated short. The animation is the piece will vary from character to character. The main character will be very athletic and nimble as he is escaping the mutant food and icons. The food and icons on the other hand will be very clunky and clumsy bumping into stuff and having trouble controlling themselves, like newborn wild animals when they first try to walk.
Art Direction: I want the film to look as fake as possible as if they are in Malibu Barbie’s house or some Lego world, plastic and cheesy. The surfaces are going look like they are plastic and the characters will look like they could be action figures of some kind. The lighting in the beginning will be very bright much like any super market but as the story reaches the climax it will get very dark around the character as if the spot light was on him, as he is being chased down the aisle. When the man is running down the dark aisle I want to the store to have a kind of horror house feeling with distorted aisles and weird proportions.
Camera Direction: most of the camera shots are going to be low and high angle shots to help portray the emotion better. The beginning and end shot I want to be as if you were looking through a security camera following the main character. There are also a couple of shots were the camera is behind the food in the aisles watching the guy.
I would really like to develop my modeling skills better through out this project. I want to try and portray the attitudes of the characters through their looks. I want to explore textures a lot more and go into more depth with texturing to really give the film a fake plastic look.
I really want my piece to be about consumerism and advertising. All these different companies try and show their products down our throats saying that their product is the best and buy this and that when they are all the same. There are so many choices to make that sometimes it can be very overwhelming and we need to look at the smaller picture to make a rational decision. I also want to touch on the issue of size and how everything comes in a family or super size, do we really need everything to be in such large proportions. As long as we are still stuffing our face with it the corporate companies could care less as long as they are still getting paid no matter what the long-term effects are going to be. I want my film to make people think about these issues and maybe some ways they could be solved.

No comments: